Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Introduction

Okay, so I've been a long time King fan, but my fandom has been gaining ground in the last year or so, basically since I started reading The Dark Tower Series. I have always been fascinated by King, from the times in my youth that I struggled to make it though his larger tombs, to sitting and watching made-for-TV miniseries that didn't turn out so well. Now, I feel that I've reached a point, that many King fans reach, where I need to examine the entire body of work. Hey, he took the time to create it, right? I might as well do him the courtesy of reading it all.

I realized that I was at this point when I became aware of several volumes of King's work being thrown out at a local business. Without second thought, I found myself 'dumpster diving' to dig out the discarded works. So, needless to say, I've accumulated quite a few of the older books and I feel that the best way to make my way through them is just to start at the beginning, with Carrie.

Also, I've always been a creative writer, but I've found that I'm most interested in my writing when I'm discussing someone else's creation. I love talking about other's art work. And I love discussing it with others, as well. So, that's what I plan to do with this blog!

I'm already halfway through King's first novel and will be reporting on it soon.

SB
7-22

No comments:

Post a Comment